Pupil Roles in school
This section is currently under construction
Our Playground Buddies are a great help to our school:
- They are there for other children, when they need them.
- They are friends to those who are lonely.
- They are comforters to anyone who gets hurt.
- They are there to start up games.
- They also set a good example for others.
At Rose Street we operate a Buddy scheme. The aim of Buddies is to have older children helping the younger ones to have positive experiences of playtime. We have linked with Swale Buddies to train selected Year 5 children to help foster the community of our school, especially in the playground. It gives the older children an opportunity to lead and to grow in interpersonal skills such as active listening, antibullying, and in their emotional intelligence.