We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our young people. Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- preventing harm to children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children and young people have the best outcomes.
All staff are safeguarding trained and there are three designated safeguarding leads (DSLs). The school has a Safeguarding Team who oversee all areas of school life. You can talk to any of them if you have a concern about your child or about another child.
The Safeguarding Team are:
- Central Duty Team (9-5 Social Services) – 03000 411111
- Out of Hours Social Care (outside normal working hours) – 03000 419191
- Childline – 0808 800 5000 – to report if you are worried about a child 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Mental Health Crisis Team – 0300 222 0123
- Kent Police – 101